Eco-friendly, transformative skin care crafted with love
Our mandate from mother nature is to source our ingredients and create our products ethically, while caring for what inhabits our earth. This is at the core of our philosophy. This Green Guide details our efforts toward that end, even as we constantly strive for improvement in all areas.
Join Us Today — Let’s Transform Our World Together
We are passionate about people and our planet (and everything on it) and hope that you join us so that together we can truly make a difference. With each and every purchase of Mama Nature products, not only will your skin thank you, but this earth becomes a better place.
No animal testing (why?)
- None of our products or their ingredients are tested on animals. We are firmly against subjecting animals to testing and believe that animals deserve the same level of respect as human beings. Not only that, but animal testing is often ineffective, as animal studies cannot be reliable when it comes to applying the results to humans. Our entire skin care range has been tested on willing human beings, and is completely safe for you to use.
Recycled packaging (more info)
- Using recycled packaging keeps unnecessary waste out of landfills and preserves our natural resources.- We use recycled cardboard and paper in our cartons and inserts.
– We send orders in recycled protective packaging.
– We use as little packaging as possible.
– Every part of our packaging is intended to be recycled and we trust our customers will do so.
Plastic containers (why?)
- We use plastic and not glass containers for the following reasons:- Glass takes more energy to initially produce.- Glass is not as efficiently recycled as plastic. The Glass Packaging Institute in the United States notes that recycling glass uses 66 percent of the energy it would take to manufacture new glass, on average. Plastic shows a much greater efficiency in using energy to recycle, only requiring 10 percent of the energy it takes to produce new plastic.- Glass is far heavier than plastic. That affects most aspects of an environmental assessment. Lighter products require fewer raw materials, which means they take less energy to make and usually produce a smaller carbon footprint. They take less energy to transport to the consumer, and it’s easier to dispose of them.- A 2008 comparison of glass and plastic baby food jars found that the glass jars produce between a quarter and a third more greenhouse gases than plastic jars. In fact, the plastic jars beat the glass in almost every category. They released fewer carcinogens into the air, sent fewer pollutants into waterways and required less acreage. A year later, an assessment of soft drink containers also found plastic superior to glass. The results were broadly similar to the baby food study, with glass producing approximately four times as much greenhouse gas as plastic.The containers are intended to be recycled and we trust our customers will do so.
Biodegradable (more info)
- Our products contain no parabens, dioxane, mineral oils, propylene glycol, synthetic fragrances, lanolin, phthalates, triethanolamine or sulphates. Since we do not use any harsh chemicals or synthetic ingredients, our products will dissolve easily in the environment without harming nature.
Vegan (more info)
- Many of our products have been certified by The Vegan Society.
“By purchasing products registered with the Vegan Trademark, you are investing in the future of a market which is free from animal products and free from animal testing, which in turn has the potential to save the lives of millions of animals around the world.” George, The Vegan Society.
All of our products are Vegan except those containing bee derived ingredients. Because of the amazing healing and nutritional qualities unique to bee-derived ingredients we use in some products, there are no satisfactory natural alternatives available. We love all animals including bees.
“Beekeeping is a labour of love for me and many of my colleagues, including those who are not Vegan Beekeepers. I look forward to each spring, and I love my bees more than you could ever imagine. Because we love working with bees, we invest far more into them than common sense would suggest.
We provide them with a home, a defence from marauding wasps, and food when the year’s blooms don’t provide them with enough stores to survive. We provide treatment for the mites that kill them, and replace the queen when the old one dies, so the colony will survive.
In autumn, we wrap the hives to keep them warm, and we store pollen to feed the bees when their stores drop low, so the next generation can be raised.
We collect swarms, who want nothing more than a home to settle into and the chance to succeed. We only remove excess honey and beeswax, and always leave plenty for them to live on, otherwise they could not produce honey for the following year.
I love beekeeping and more importantly I love my bees.”
No palm oil (why?)
· Palm oil is found in approximately 40-50% of household products. The palm oil industry is linked to major issues such as deforestation, habitat degradation, climate change, animal cruelty and indigenous rights abuses in the countries where it is produced. According to the World Wildlife Fund, an area the equivalent size of 300 football fields of rainforest is cleared each hour to make way for palm oil production. This large-scale deforestation is pushing many species to extinction, and findings show that if nothing changes, species like the orangutan could become extinct in the wild within the next 5-10 years, and Sumatran tigers in less than 3 years. We do not support this unsustainable use and decline to use palm oil in any of our products.
No machinery (more info)
- Our experienced team lovingly makes each and every one of your products to order by hand using only traditional methods. No machinery is used in the process except the vacuum sealer at the end to retain their freshness. (Of course we do have a magic wand that sprinkles magic into your products, but we don’t technically classify that as machinery.) 🙂
Charitable support (more info)
- We support a host of charities that address environmental/societal issues or advocate for the disadvantaged. A significant proportion of the money spent on our products goes to these great causes. We want to support those organizations that are committed to making this earth a better place for all of us.
Shop our natural skincare products >>
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter >>